Friday, February 12, 2010

Date Night

Having Mike's mom in town is always such a treat for so many reasons. When I tell people that my MIL is staying with us for two & a half weeks, I usually get the same reaction, "eek, good luck with that!" But, then I explain that I'm actually thrilled to have her here. Not only does Cameron get a break from day care, but he has such a blast spending each day with his Grammy while we go to work. My MIL is such a hands on Grandma too; she's not afraid to get on the ground to play or act silly to entertain Cam. Plus, Mike & I get a chance to get out on our own since Grammy is always so willing to keep watch over Cam while he sleeps.

Tuesday night Mike got tickets to the Tampa Bay Lightning game & we had such a great time doing something out of the ordinary. We shared a delicious Manchego cheese burger from our favorite tapas restaurant; who knew they'd have a stand at the stadium?! I think it's so important for parents to get out alone & remember what made you fall in love before the rug rats came along. Granted, we end up talking about Cam the majority of our time away, but it's still great!





Look, Ma! I'm a hockey player!





post signature

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm glad you guys had a good night together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time, I'm glad you guys got out. I love hockey games, too.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete