Sunday, July 26, 2009

I bit the dust!

This morning, I hurriedly slipped on my new flip flops as I rushed around, trying to get us out the door in time for church. I grabbed 2 cups which were sitting on our dresser & headed toward the kitchen to put them in the dishwasher. As soon as my foot hit the kitchen tile, I completely, without any warning, wiped out at full speed. I had no chance to try to catch myself; my arm skinned down the cabinet as I fell and my knee caught the bottom part of the cabinet. I think I was in a bit of shock since it all happened so quickly & my shoulder & knee were on fire.

I think I'm going to retire those flip flops even though they're brand new. Can't have an already accident-prone person wearing shoes with ZERO traction!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that's why I always buy the flip flops that give warning prior to slipping. I'll get some for you.

    ReplyDelete