Thursday, June 2, 2011

Savoring the Moments

I am adoring the current stage Cam is in as a two & a half year-old! He is so sweet, loving, caring, hilarious & changing every single day. I am really trying to savor this time since I know it will pass so quickly; he is growing up too fast.



Every single night Cam & I lay together on the couch in his room & hands down, this is my favorite time of day. We snuggle, talk, sing, laugh & just enjoy each other with no distractions. Listening to him jabber on is awesome; I love hearing his sweet voice & am amazed by how well he's talking these days. I give his sweet head a million & one kisses & appreciate every second of it. I am going to miss it so much when he gets older & no longer wants to snuggle with mom.

Sure Cam has his moments & melt-downs but I'm so proud of the person he's becoming. The way he is so gentle with our pets, talking to them in a high-pitched, lovey voice while petting them. The way he reacts when one of us hurts ourselves; he comes over with such concern, puts his hand on my cheek & says, I'm sorry, Mommy, I'm sorry. And then he always kisses our boo-boos & tries to make them all better. He has such a good heart.

I'm also trying to soak up this one-on-one time we have before Baby Perno arrives in November. It's hard to imagine sharing my time with another baby since Cameron has always gotten 100% of our attention. I know this baby will only add joy & love to our lives but I'm savoring these last months of Cam as our one & only.

Tomorrow we go for our elective/gender reveal ultrasound & I'm just praying all looks well. Granted, this isn't a clinical visit, just one for fun, but I always get so nervous before my ultrasounds, especially since I haven't had one since I was six weeks pregnant. Seeing the baby will make everything so much more real. I have to say, I've been a little paranoid this pregnancy & fearful that something will go wrong. When I was pregnant with Cam, I wasn't involved with any blogs & had little exposure to the amount of people who have experienced loss during pregnancy. I never take things for granted though & am thankful for the many blessings we've been given. I will truly be thrilled no matter what gender Baby Perno happens to be, as long as he or she is healthy.

I know that Cameron is going to be an amazing big brother! I'm sure we'll all go through a big period of adjustment when Baby Perno arrives, but he or she will be given just as much love as Cameron has been given.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment