Tuesday, November 1, 2011

38 Week Update

I'm in the midst of the waiting game as I sit here at 38 weeks pregnant, never sure if the little cramp or the Braxton Hicks contraction I'm feeling may just turn into labor. Reese is weighing in at around 6.8 pounds & is measuring 19.5 inches at the size of a leek.



How am I feeling? Trying to keep the anxiety at bay since I completely know that worrying will get me nowhere. Easier said than done, I must say! The anxiety is stemming from all the uncertainty that lies ahead of me. When will I go into labor, where will I be, will Cam be taken care of, will I make it to the hospital on time, will I get an epidural before it's too late, how painful will labor be, etc, etc, etc, etc.... I've changed a lot since having Cameron in the sense of handling my anxiety. Going to church has helped as was being part of a woman's book club & reading Calm My Anxious Heart.

After I had Cameron I suffered with severe postpartum anxiety. Never in a million years did I expect something like that to happen to me, but it did. Am I worried that it's going to happen again after Reese is born? Heck yes. But I guess worrying ahead isn't going to help, right?! I'm planning on having a stronger support system this time around with my mom coming over to help as needed & Mike having more time off from work.

Any new changes this week? I had my weekly OB check-up & the doctor said I am barely dilated. This is a big change from when I was pregnant with Cameron since I was 3 centimeters at 36 weeks. But, as the doctor said, every pregnancy is different! Other than that, not all that much is going on. I'm having a lot more Braxton-Hicks contractions that are much stronger though.

Weight gain? 17 pounds. I think I lost a pound because of a decrease in swelling at the time I happened to weigh myself.



Both Kelly & myself are eager to meet our little gals! Kelly is 37 weeks now & her doctor is thinking she just might be induced at 39 weeks so who knows which girl will arrive first?! I feel so blessed to have gone through this pregnancy with Kelly & the fact that our girls will be so incredibly close in age! If they're anything like Cameron & Leah, they'll be best of friends.



And since Halloween was yesterday, I had to show our beautifully carved pumpkins! I did the kitty bat on the left & Mike carved the ghoul on the right. Aren't we just so talented! Ha.



And here the pregos are again, this time on Halloween, displaying our shirts! Hop over to Cam's blog to see some adorable kids trick-or-treating!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I feel totally blessed going through this pregnancy with you too!! It made it soo much easier!! Not to mention we'll have newborns at the same time, and will be able to lean on each other for that too. I CAN'T BELIEVE OUR GIRLS ARE ALMOST HERE!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete