Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

We headed to Sarasota Saturday morning to spend Mother's Day with my family.   It's so much fun to go, but boy is it an ordeal to pack 2 adults, 2 dogs & 2 kids!


It's especially an ordeal when I have this little girl hanging on my ankles, screaming to be picked up! Yes, this sweet, adorable little bundle has been a lot to handle recently.  She wants to be held most of her waking hours, especially by me & she wants me to be standing as I hold her.  God forbid I sit down, she throws the mother of all fits.  Lets just say that my lower back has been screaming in pain lately!


It's hard to imagine that anyone this ridiculously cute could be such a STINKER, but it's true!  I'm starting to put her down & just let her cry it out since I know she's fine & I cannot handle holding her as much as she likes.  Not only can my back not stand it, but I also need to be able to do small things like use the restroom or get myself dressed!  It's frustrating too because on days that Mike gets up with her in the morning, I hear her happily playing & the moment she lays eyes on me, she runs over crying with her arms stretched out to me wanting up.  I give Reese plenty of undivided attention, sitting with her on the floor, playing with toys or just cuddling, so it's not like she's neglected.  Our weekends have been rather stressful & hectic especially now that Cam is playing soccer on Saturday mornings.  It's funny how babies are always going through different phases that you just have to learn from and adapt to accordingly.  I'm trying to learn better patience & handle stressful situations more calmly, but easier said than done, right?


Other than the large amount of crying going on, there was plenty of swimming!


This boy was a fish this weekend & swam with his cousin Mikayla non-stop.  By Sunday evening as we drove home, he was out cold within minutes.  Even his sister's jabbering, singing & shouting didn't wake him. You can head over to the kiddo's blog to see a few more pictures from the weekend.


I think Mike was pooped too after swimming right along with the kids!


Other than being married to my best friend, motherhood is the greatest blessing God has given me!  It's surely not always easy, but I wouldn't change if for anything in the world! 

On a side note, today is my mom's birthday!  Happy Birthday, Mom, I love you LOTS!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment