Thursday, May 23, 2013

Last moments of 33

As I sit in the dim of my kitchen, laptop happily glowing in front of me, I find myself pondering the fact that I'm in my last hours of being a thirty-three year old.


Hmm, I wonder if I'll look older tomorrow?  Maybe I should pick up some eye cream to slow the ever growing crows feet...


Shhh, it's just another day, take a sip of wine, everything will be okay.


Ahh, that's better.  Everything is going to be alright.  

Each birthday, I'm struck with the fact that the numbers keep growing, but I don't feel any different.  Sure, a lot has changed over the years.. I now have two kids, a house, a career, an achier back, need more sleep, can't stay out with friends drinking due to said kids as well as a much worse hangover..  you get the point.  But, in my heart & mind, I really don't feel any different than when I was seventeen.  Age is just a number!  Sure, the mirror tells me otherwise, but I'm thankful for each day & year that passes!  As I celebrate my day of birth tomorrow, I also celebrate my 11th wedding anniversary!!  Waa-hooo!  I took the day off work for an extra long Memorial Day weekend & the kids are getting shipped to school so I can hit the gym, take my time, lunch with my bestie & finally have a hot dinner date at an Ethiopian restaurant in Tampa.  I know, who eats Ethiopian food?  Apparently we do!!  It'll be a first for us!  Thankfully my sister is coming up to watch the kiddos so we can speak for more than five seconds without getting interrupted during dinner.  It'll be a great day & I'm really looking forward to it.  Happy Birthday to me & Happy Anniversary to us!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. haha you're so funny! 34 is going to be a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete