Saturday, August 4, 2012

Long time!

Wow, it's been a long time since I've updated!  I've been spending time with my MIL & SIL who are still in town from Chicago & watching a lot of the Olympics & generally being extremely lazy about getting online.


Mike was out of town last weekend but luckily I had company & help with Grammy & Erika.  I'm always a little out of sorts when Mike's out of town though.  We prefer him to be here with us & not away having fun on some boring guy's trip to West Palm Beach.

Reese, Cam & Tay at the Busch Garden's splash pad

We went to the Florida Aquarium last Saturday which was a first for Reese & she was absolutely amazed with the sharks & fish.


We hung out at the splash pad & saw the Carnival cruise ship getting ready to set sail.  I wasn't at all jealous of the passengers on board.  I mean, how dull would it be to have days & days of relaxing on the wide open sea with nothing but a book & frozen cocktail on the agenda?  No, thanks! ;o)



Despite having the kids gone for two nights with Grammy taking them to my parent's house the past few days, I've still been super stressed.  The house we have a bid on was appraised on Friday but we won't know the results until maybe this coming Thursday or Friday.



Our life is completely on hold at the moment because we very well could be moving one month from now.  Not knowing for sure is really getting to me.


If you know how much of a planner I am, you'd understand why I'm in such a tizzy over this house business.  When I hear myself saying something like, Oh, we should get this or that for the house, I quickly correct myself by saying, IF we get the house, we should get this or that...


Throughout a lot of this process I've been surprisingly calm, but now that it's really getting down to the nitty gritty, I can really feel my anxiety rising.  But, a week from now, we should have a much clearer picture as to how things are looking.


The idea of moving has been pretty daunting too.  Every time I sit & think about it as I look around our house, I can feel the panic creeping up.  I know it'll all get done one way or another & it'll be so worth the hard work in the long run, but it's going to be a challenge!!


But I'm always up for a challenge!  In the meantime I just need to manage my anxiety, keep faith that everything will work out as it's mean to & take it one day at a time before I drive myself (and my husband) crazy.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment