I'm absolutely loving my time with her & savoring every second I have before it's time to go back to work full-time next month. Having all day to experience her many changes has been something I am so thankful for. Reese has just started smiling as of a few days ago & it is utterly adorable. It melts my heart into a puddle of goo!
She cracks me up with all of her expressions & noises...
Look at that face in the picture above.. it looks like she's thinking, "Who the heck are you & what the heck do you want?! Idiot."
But she is as sweet as can be & such an awesome baby! So, Reese, here's what's happening with you right now at one month old:
- You're eating about every 3-4 hours during the day.
- You drink your last meal between 9 & 11 at night & sleep until about 4am & then you go back to sleep until about 7:30am which we think is pretty great.
- You're still wearing newborn diapers & clothes although very soon you'll be moving up to 0-3 months.
- You just started smiling this week & it mostly happens in the morning when you're bright-eyed & bushy tailed.
- Unfortunately you have a diaper rash that started about 2 weeks ago. We're doing everything we can to get rid of it, but it just doesn't want to budge! The doctor looked at it today at your one month appointment so we're just going to keep doing what we're doing but we'll switch to a wet washcloth instead of wipes.
- You fight sleep sometimes & make the most hilarious noises when you get pissed off. Although you're mad, we're cracking up.. sorry, kid!
- Thank goodness for the pacifier because it keeps you content when you're sleepy & fighting it.
- You're a very laid back girl & pretty much only cry when you're hungry.
- You're a complete snuggle bug & just loved to be held & talked to.
- Your big brother loves you to bits & always wants to love on you. Lately Cameron has been coughing so we're trying to keep him from touching you too much which has not been easy!
Here are your stats from your one-month check-up:
Height: 22 inches (83%)
Weight: 8#, 11oz (35%)
Head Circumference: 14.75" (62%)
Click here to check in on her 2 week appointment to see how's she's grown! Thankfully my mom came with me to her appointment today since the extra set of hands are so nice to have & I was nervous for her Hep B shot. Luckily my gal was such a tough cookie & barely even cried! What a girl.. we are so blessed!