Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What's For Dinner?

Yesterday we had a nice, open afternoon so I decided to make an eggplant Parmesan recipe I had seen on the Food Network.



This would be a good recipe for anyone who is vegetarian.



It's not great as a weeknight meal since it does take some time (unless you make it ahead of time), especially if you follow the step of salting the eggplant slices for an hour to remove their bitter juices. But, it's perfect for a weekend meal to serve a crowd. If you don't plan on serving many, you could always freeze a good amount like we did. I've been wanting to make & freeze meals for when Reese is born, so this worked out very well. We used jarred sauce instead of making our own.



It was cheesy deliciousness! Click here for the recipe.



And trust me when I say you won't regret it!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. This is going to sound crazy but I can't remember ever trying egg plant, and if I did I don't recall doing so! Looks good though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore eggplant Parm! You should try it, Mel, I'm sure you'd love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom loves eggplant! I'll have to make this for her next time she is in town visiting.

    ReplyDelete