Sunday, September 11, 2011

Disney Vacation

Recently we made the decision to take a mini Disney vacation to celebrate Cam's 3rd birthday instead of throwing him a big party. I figured it would be a great way to take our last trip as a family of three before Reese arrives in November. We've gone to Chicago a couple of times since Cam has been born, but I consider this our first true family vacation.



After checking into our hotel on Thursday afternoon, swimming & relaxing, we headed out for an evening at Downtown Disney. We had an absolute blast at the T-Rex Cafe which I would recommend to any family with kids. Granted, it's definitely not cheap, but worth it for a special occasion. Cam was in awe of everything around him as we ate. We took advantage of the cooler weather & strolled around Downtown Disney after dinner. It was so wonderful to feel an actual cool-ish breeze after months of constant heat & humidity. Hop over to Cam's Blog to see pictures from the T-Rex Cafe & our breakfast with the characters on Saturday morning.



Friday morning we excitedly headed out for the Magic Kingdom. I was almost as excited as Cameron since it's been so long that I've spent a full day there.... probably 15+ years.



Cam couldn't wait to see Cinderella's Castle so when he first spotted it, we were all super excited!



We planned this trip for when school would be back in session & crowds would be less & it could not have been more perfect. We basically had zero lines the entire day & walked onto any ride we wanted.





We even caught a cool 3D show! Reese wanted to try on my glasses & have a looksie too...





Cam even grabbed a 45 minute nap & it he was rearing to go afterwards.



We hit every single ride we wanted to go on! Cam's first ride ended up being the Haunted Mansion & I wasn't sure how he'd react to it. He seemed fine but I'm not so sure he loved it since Mike heard him say, I don't like rides! after we were off. Oops! But I rode everything as a kid & I'm hoping Cam will be the same & not be afraid of everything so I was trying not to make a big deal out of it. I think he'll end up being one of those kids who loves roller-coasters, but we'll see.





As we decided we were ready to leave the park, we posed for one last picture in front of Cinderella's Castle when the sky opened up & we were stuck in a horrific storm.



We got soaked as we made our way to the front of the park & had to finally take shelter when it was far too bad to make it back to the monorail. Luckily we did because I haven't seen lightning bolts like this in a long time!



I cannot tell you just how much fun we had on our mini vacation. Cam was an absolute angel & it was just so great to have a few days of solid family time. I seriously enjoyed every second of it & will never forget our first true family vacation.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you guys had such a great time! What a great idea and great time for a family vacation! :) I haven't been to Disney in years either- looking forward to trips like that with Sophie.

    ReplyDelete