Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012

We had a really great Christmas & it's so hard to believe that it's already over & nearly 2013!  Since Christmas Eve is literally my favorite day of the year, I was super bummed that I had to work this year.  Mondays tend to be pretty busy for us at work, so I got in at 6am so that I could bolt out ASAP.  I was out the door shortly before 11am which I was so happy about.  Mike told me the only thing I missed was a cranky Reese & Cam playing his Wii.  And thank goodness, Mike did a bunch of food prep to get us ready for hosting the holiday.  This year we made spicy lemon garlic shrimp, bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers, sausage bread & a tequila punch bowl.  YUM!


Every Christmas Eve my family comes up to our house for tons of appetizers & presents.  It's so much fun with all of the kids!

Reese wore the dress that Mikayla wore in 2008 when she was 18 months old.  Maddy had the identical dress that year too.  It was so cute to see my gal wearing it since I loved it so much 4 years ago.


The girls looked so pretty as usual!


I love this picture so much!  It's funny how much the cousins look alike with their blond hair & light eyes.  They could so easily pass as siblings.  Although I cannot fathom having four children!






Reese was literally so overjoyed with her presents that she got into a fit of love, bolted over to Cam & basically tackled him with hugs.


It was so funny & sweet!  When she finished with Cam, she set her sights on me...


What a doll!


As you can see by the expression on her face, I think her second Christmas was pretty darn exciting!


Watching the kids on Christmas is so awesome & makes all the hard work of preparing for the holidays so worth it!  I love all the traditions of our Elf on the Shelf, Fella, leaving cookies for Santa (and Fella), carrots for the reindeer, special breakfast after presents are opened on Christmas Day!


We said goodbye to Fella as we went to bed on Christmas Eve since he headed back to the North Pole to be with Santa until next year.  I'm actually going to miss the little fella!  It's fun to finding him in new spots around the house; he also makes a wonderful bribing tool for Cam..  He he.


My mom attempted to get shoes for Reese but ended up ordering a size 4 youth rather than size 4 baby... Oops!  We all got a good laugh at that.  They were just a smidge big!


After presents & breakfast on Christmas morning, we headed to my parent's house for the day.  It was so cozy & relaxing there!


We cooked, had some wine & just enjoyed the day with each other.


Reese showed off her new walking skills..


And the bigger kids played plenty of video games.  We had A Christmas Story playing in the background the entire time we were there.


Turns out there were some pretty familiar faces in that movie!  Who knew?



 We had a wonderful Christmas & I hope you all did as well!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment