Thursday, June 21, 2012

Father's Day 2012

Friday after work we were Sarasota bound for a Father's Day weekend with my family.



We had a jam-packed weekend full of swimming, playing with cousins, celebrating Mikayla's fifth birthday & the dads of our family!




Getting away is always great since it makes the weekend feel like more of a vacation.  And this weekend Reese swam for the very first time!  My parent's pool had been too cold before, but I knew Reese would love it & I was right




Saturday night we played a bit of bocci ball ball on the golf course which was a first for me.


We even got to see a family of bobcats in my parent's backyard on Sunday morning!  I have to say, I've never seen a bobcat before so it was pretty cool!  It appears there were a lot of firsts this weekend!


And another first?


The Lifeguard, aka Dempsey, went swimming in my parent's pool! Intentionally?  Nope.  She was patrolling the pool, barking at the splashing kids when she took the plunge.  A good swimmer a dense Pug is not!


But don't worry, we scooped her up & rescued her! 

We had a really great weekend & it was wonderful to celebrate the dads of our family!  I'm so thankful for my dad & of course, I'm beyond thankful for Mike who is the most amazing dad to our kiddos!  I don't think anyone could ever be more entertaining, fun or patient than Mike!  We're so blessed to have him in our lives.



I hope your Father's Day was a great one too!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment