Monday, October 17, 2011

36 Week Update

Holy moly, I'm officially 9 months pregnant! Ahh! Reese is gaining about an ounce a day & weighs nearly six pounds at the size of a crenshaw melon. What the heck is a crenshaw melon anyway?!



How am I feeling? After my baby shower on Saturday, I was so full of energy that I organized all the gifts, washed & put everything away, painted the letters of Reese's name for her wall, applied the paisley decals to her wall, wrote my thank you cards & generally never stopped moving until 11pm. Well, I sure paid for that because Sunday I was dead prego walking & could barely muster up the strength to get out of the recliner for church. Unfortunately my post-church nap came to a screeching halt when we got the phone call letting us know we had a house showing. Time to haul myself out of the recliner to clean, clean, clean & clean some more! No rest for the weary! And speaking of rest, or lackthereof, I've been dealing with insomnia every so often, waking up completely wide awake & staying up for hours at a time. It makes for a very interesting work day when that happens! And as I get ready to publish this very post, it's 4:15 in the morning! Yay, me! Guess I'll be going into work early today... But I am trying to bask in my sleep, knowing it's going to come to a screeching halt when Reese is born. I'm also trying to enjoy the rest of this pregnancy despite the aches & pains, knowing it's likely my last. I'm so incredibly thankful to be blessed with a healthy pregnancy & every kick & squirm I feel, I am amazed by. Before you know it, Reese will be here & I won't even be able to truly remember what it feels like to be pregnant.

Any new changes this week? I had my routine OB appointment Monday & all looked good. My doctor discussed the fluid in my kidney & said it would indeed be the cause of me waking up in excruciating pain with a condition called renal colic. He said if it continues to be an issue, I could be referred to a urologist & have a ureter stent placed. Because it hasn't been an issue (knock on wood) since the night of Cam's birthday a few weeks ago, I'm thinking there would be no sense in going through that this close to the end of my pregnancy. Especially since delivery will solve the problem with Reese acting as my obstruction vs. a stone or something else. Every now in then I have a dull ache in my right kidney, but I can deal with that.

Weight gain? 16.5 pounds.

post signature

1 comment: