Friday, December 24, 2010

Tasty Christmas Treats!

Last night when I got home from work, Mike & I scurried around the kitchen like little elves & made three tasty treats to share for Christmas!



The first is a recipe I stole, I mean borrowed from a nurse where I work. She baked about fifteen different tedious cookie recipes & this was the one everyone raved about the most. And it just so happened to be the easiest recipe of all. I do easy!



All you do is place a Rolos caramel, chocolate candy onto a mini pretzel twist, bake on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for four minutes at 200 degrees & press the candy down with a pecan half when immediately removed from the oven.



Recruit your hubby, friend or child to unwrap each Rolo & it's that much easier!



Chill in the fridge for about fifteen minutes to set & it's just that easy to have a delish pretzel turtle which everyone will swoon over!



The next recipe was Oreo truffles also known as Oreo balls, but I think Oreo truffles rolls off the tongue a little sweeter! As the recipe states, you can't go wrong with Oreos, cream cheese & chocolate! Click here & you won't be sorry you made these! Unless you don't like to get your hands all choco-licous! And in that case you can again recruit your hubby, friend or child to do the dirty work for you!



These are very rich so a little goes a long way. I packed a container to bring for Christmas & stuck some in the freezer to share on New Years Eve.



Finally, we moved on to the classic Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookie recipe which is utterly delightful & that's why we make it every year. We doubled the recipe & like the Oreo truffles, froze half for New Years Eve. Click here for the recipe.



I picked up these cute Christmas Chinese takeout containers from Michael's so I could share the treats we made with family & friends.



Merry Christmas Eve to all! I hope this day finds everyone happy, healthy & surrounded with people you love!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Allison, I got my chocolate fix on after you guys left tonight. Those turtles were awesome, the Oreo Balls are good too but those turtles are to die for! YUM!

    ReplyDelete