Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What's For Dinner?

As much as I adore cooking, I haven't been able to do much of it lately with our hectic schedules. We've also had a rough few days with Cam not cooperating, so cooking hasn't been a top priority of mine recently. But, the good news is that we had a really great evening with Cam & he even ate well at the kitchen table! Hallelujah! He also went to bed with zero fuss & we had an awesome time singing songs & laughing like we had up until last week when he decided he'd freak when it was time for bed. Pair that with a hormonal/emotional me & a pretty picture that did not make!

Anyway, I thought cooking a decent meal would help lift my spirits & it really did! I decided to make rosemary roasted potatoes that I saw on Barefoot in London on the Food Network this past weekend. They're not your average roasted potato by the way they're sliced nearly through, making a really nice presentation. Click here for the recipe.



I apologize for the crummy pictures but the lighting wasn't great & neither is our camera. Anyway, if you make this side, I definitely suggest you slice the potato on a spoon as the recipe suggests since the edges of the spoon will prevent you from cutting through the potato. I'd also add ten minutes of cooking time for a total of 40 minutes as our potatoes were a tad underdone but still absolutely delish!



These potatoes definitely made more of a statement than your typical sliced/roasted potatoes. We served them along side a panko-breaded fish with a lemon/garlic aioli I whipped up by mixing mayo, lemon juice, grated garlic, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper. We also made microwave steamer veggies that you throw in for four minutes to steam in their own bag. Couldn't have been easier!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Those potatoes were phenomenal, you really outdid yourself! The fish was really tasty too, thank you for all that!

    ReplyDelete