Sunday, August 16, 2009

It's that time of year again!



Fall has always been my absolute favorite season. Unfortunately, one of the downfalls of skipping out on winters since moving to Florida, I'm no longer able to enjoy the changing seasons. Nothing beats the crisp, cool air of fall, the beautiful, bold colors & the smell of burning leaves in the air.

Well, this beer, Shipyard Pumpkin Ale, brings me straight to the feeling of fall! I look forward to the time this beer comes back & always savor the last beer of the season when the time comes.

I especially miss Halloween; I loved the time we went to the haunted corn maze & drank hot apple cider when we finally made our way through. Or spreading ourselves outside on the grass to carve pumpkins. It just doesn't feel like Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas when it's 80 degrees outside. That's why I'm extremely excited to be going back to Chicago for Christmas this year. We're hoping Cam will get to see a bit of snow! Mike & I were also planning on spending a day in the city, stopping at the German market, getting hot, spiced wine & having dinner at Wildfire.

As much as I miss many things since leaving IL, those feelings will lessen as January comes around & we're able to bike, walk, go to the beach, etc while everyone up north will be holed inside. I'm glad that Cam will have the opportunity to be active year round, but I'll always make sure he knows where his mom & dad came from!

No comments:

Post a Comment