Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Cheesy Crunch Panko Crusted Fish. Super healthy, super fast!

Many of our weekday meals involve very simple ingredients which are healthy & makes dinner uncomplicated.  The last thing I have time for at the end of a hectic day is a tedious dinner!  Last week I made baked fish with a cheesy, panko breadcrumb topping that literally took less than twenty minutes from start to finish.  For some reason, I used to rarely cook fish, but lately we've been doing a lot of it since it cooks so quickly & it's so healthy. I pick up any frozen fish that's mild in flavor, light & flaky.  I'm trying to be more open to salmon but after a couple of super fishy bites I've taken, I've been avoiding it.  But, I'll get there!


Recently I stumbled across swai fillets which is an Asian, white, flaky fish that has a mild, sweet flavor.  Not only is it yummy, but it's super affordable at around $3.99 a pound.  I buy it frozen from Target & as I'm putting groceries away or busying myself with something quick, I thaw it under running water in the sink.  Serve it with some rice & steamer veggies & you've got a super healthy meal in less than thirty minutes.  Each 4oz fillet is only 100 calories & 21g of protein.  Um, yes please!


Cheesy Crunch Panko Crusted Fish

4oz swai fillets
Panko breadcrumbs
Sharp shredded cheddar cheese
Olive oil
Salt
Garlic powder
Lemon pepper

Spray a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray & preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Brush both sides of fish fillet with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, lemon pepper & garlic powder.  Mix equal amounts of panko breadcrumbs & cheese (amount will depend on number of fillets used), moisten breadcrumb/cheese mixture a with small drizzle of olive oil & sprinkle over fish.  Bake for 10-14 minutes.  Serve with plenty of lemon wedges & enjoy!




We recently ordered this rice cooker from Amazon & I absolutely love it.  It cooks rice perfectly, can steam vegetables in a basket above the rice while it cooks & even has a delay timer.  The timer is awesome on Crock Pot nights since it's ready to go when we walk through the door from work.  I love it when I can find dinners that are inexpensive, fast, healthy & no-brainers since weekdays can be complicated enough!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment