Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

We've had a lot to be thankful for this year, especially the family vacation we were able to take this year!  We headed to North Carolina the Saturday before Thanksgiving to meet up with my family near Asheville.


We stayed at an adorable house on absolutely breathtaking grounds.  I could seriously live there!


I was nervous about the long drive with the kids, especially Reese, but it ended up going far better than I ever expected.  Our drive there took nearly twelve hours & we were at a standstill for the last hour of our trip because of an accident.  The kids were such troopers!




We stayed at a place called Cloud 9 Farms about 20 minutes outside of Asheville, North Carolina.  If you're looking for a quite, peaceful place to get away, I highly recommend this!  It was my absolute ideal vacation.  We enjoyed the beautifully cool weather while exploring, hiking & sitting out by a campfire each night.






One of the days we headed to a place called Chimney Rock.  Typically they have an elevator that takes you to the top of the rock, but on this particular day, it was out of service.  I have to admit I had pretty low expectations of making it to the top via the 500 stairs we had to trek up since we had the kids with us.  Amazingly enough, we did it!  I had Reese attached to my hip with my sling, but we made it!  I'm waiting on the pictures from my dad since I wasn't about to carry another thing up with me, but the view was spectacular.


This was the view from the bottom of the staircase.  It's impossible to be stressed when you're surrounded by beauty! 



Afterwards we headed to an adorable mountain town for ice cream.  We explored by the river & listened to the soothing sound of flowing water.  That very sound of flowing water instantly made me need to pee..  Pre-kids, my bladder was awful, so you can only imagine how it is after having two kids.  I was holding Reese as I frantically searched for a place to go when she started laughing which made me start laughing.  Not a good combo.  Lets just say it was a very good thing I had a sweater on that I could take off & wrap around my waist.  Not my finest moment, but I sure did provide a lot of laughs for the family!





Thanksgiving was super relaxing & as the turkey cooked we lounged around outside & explored the grounds.  Mike & I even made it to the top of one of the mountains on the property called Buzzard's Roost.


Here we are at the top!


On our last full day, we headed into Asheville to walk around & eat.  Such an awesome town!  They're very centered on natural living in Asheville which I really admire.  Everyone in town seemed so peaceful & happy.. nice change from the usual grind.





We had such a great trip & I was so thankful to have a full week with my family.  Reese started talking more while we were there & now says, Cameron, bush, moon & doggie.  Of course she doesn't say them perfectly, but we know what she means.  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment