Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fourth of July 2012

This year felt strange with the Fourth falling on a Wednesday..  When I woke up on Wednesday I felt like it was Saturday & when I was getting ready for work today, I felt like it was Monday.  The good news?  It wasn't & tomorrow is Friday!  Yay!  We decided to have a little get together on Tuesday to celebrate since we were all off of work the next day.


We whipped up some burgers & did a topping bar with caramelized onions, Gorgonzola cheese, lettuce, tomato, red onions & bacon.  They were delish!  


Last year Lauren & Jill had just had Taylor & Brooks & both myself & Kelly were 20 weeks pregnant around the Fourth.  We talked about how crazy this year would be with all the babies running around & boy were we right.  

 Taylor was not at all into this picture thing!
There were 7 kids total: Three 3 year olds, two 1 year olds & two 7 month olds!  Since we only have a three bedroom house at the moment, putting all the kids to bed was interesting!  In our room we had four kids alone; one sleeping in our walk-in closet!  I said it before & I'll say it again, I cannot wait to have house with more space!

And she was fully ready to take out babies if she needed to!
Cameron looks so sweet with Reese in this picture!  That's because he is!
But anyway!  After the kids went to bed the adults just hung out, talked, played stupid games & acted silly.


Someone had an idea to do a pyramid!



We all came tumbling down...

We always come up with the goofiest ideas when we're all together!

On the Fourth we really had no plans so we just headed to the mall to let the kids play around & get out of the house.


Reese thought she was big stuff in her jelly shoes!


And Cam had a blast running around like a nut!  I wish I had half of the energy of that kid.




Hope you all had a wonderful Fourth too!


post signature

1 comment: