Sunday, April 22, 2012

Thirty three

Thirty three. That's how old Mike turned on Friday the 13th! How we're already thirty three, I have no idea... Anyway, each year for his birthday, Mike picks what he wants me to make him for dinner. This year he requested a sandwich from Jeff Mauro, the Sandwich King on the Food Network.



I chose his Chicago steakhouse sandwich which was delectable! Click here for the recipe. I spent hours making his cake after work & it did not turn out well... totally my fault. Cam did a great job decorating the cake! We nearly forgot that it was also the cat's birthdays too! Cam just happened to ask when Casper's birthday was & it dawned on me that it was that very day.



Things have been quite busy around here! Our house sold a couple of weeks ago, so we're starting our house hunt which is very exciting. We looked at a house yesterday that was more than double the size of our current house. I cannot wait to have more room to spread out & be better organized!



I've been wanting to reduce my hours to thirty two a week which is the least amount I can work while maintaining full time status. Just having one day off to spend with the kids & get things done would be amazing, but it wasn't working out. Until last week, when my boss let me know that it was finally going to be possible! It might just be a summer thing while the census at the hospital is lower, but we'll see. I was so thrilled when she let me know! For now, I'll be taking Wednesdays off.



Mike's mom is in town right now which has been great! She's a huge help & we get to go out on date nights. Last night we had dinner at Cantina Loredo & hit the Brass Tap for some beers after. It was so much fun!



I've started making Reese's baby food as of today. She's eaten rice cereal a few times & she'll be trying sweet potatoes today. Next on the list is applesauce, peas, avocado, pears & bananas.



We're having a delightfully relaxing Sunday & I've been in PJs all day long. Pioneer Woman's meatloaf is cooking in the oven, wafting the aroma of bacon throughout the house. I'm so thankful to have the day with my family!

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. That's great that you get to reduce your hours! I have always thought having Wednesday's off would be perfect too! Not in the cards for me though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sara! It was never in the cards for me until now, so I'm very thankful for the reprieve from work! It's amazing how just a little bit of extra time can make all the difference in the world!

    ReplyDelete