Thursday, February 9, 2012

Time is not on my side

Well, it's been a long time since I've blogged which is really not like me. But I guess I've never been busier in my entire life. Lots going on these days! Grammy went back to Chicago so Reese started daycare on Monday. That wasn't easy for me since it's difficult to let go & lose control. While I'm at work I'm wondering if she's napping long enough, if they're feeding her at the right times, if she's getting bombarded with germs... Don't get me wrong, even though I'm a total control freak, I tend to be a pretty laid back parent. We don't have an overly rigid eating schedule for Reese but it's more important that her last bottle fall at a good time so she's not having it too early or too late. Luckily Reese has been sleeping really well though so we're no longer feeding her in the middle of the night. She's in her own room since Grammy's gone back & I think she likes it! She still wakes up a time or two but we just put her paci back in her mouth & she goes right back to sleep.



Work has been insanely busy for me since we finally moved to our brand new hospital on Tuesday. It's been super exciting but also nuts. I'm putting in longer hours some days so it can feel like I barely get to see my babies during the week. That never makes a mommy feel good.



At school Reese doesn't nap nearly as long as she does at home, so she's pretty pooped by the end of the day. We've had to put her down for a nap shortly after coming home & then she wakes up to eat once more only to go right back to sleep.






We're all trying to get into a groove & all in all, we're handling it pretty well. For the most part, anyway. There have been some rough patches along the way but we'll make it in one piece!



Having hectic weeks means we soak up the weekend & savor every minute that we have with each other. And since this is our first weekend as a family of four in a long time, we're really looking forward to it! I've taught Cam to say every Saturday & Sunday morning, No work today! No school today! That means we get to be together! Things aren't always easy but at least we have each other!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment