Sunday, June 28, 2015

Father's Day 2015

This post is a tad late in coming, but better late than never, eh?!  As per usual, we headed to Sarasota to stay at my parent's house this Father Day.  Also per usual, we celebrated Mikayla's birthday while we were there.  This year she turned the BIG 8!




Cameron & Mikayla are seriously together every second of every weekend they spend together... They get along so well because they're both so darn crazy!


Another big happening Father's Day weekend is that Cameron officially learned to swim without his swimmies!  Woohooo.  Although these pictures may indicate that he can't swim at all, he's quite the confident pro suddenly.


I got a video of Cameron swimming across the length of the pool, but I'm moronic when it comes to uploading videos to my blog.  We've been practicing with him in spurts & he's gradually gotten stronger & stronger to the point that he can really hold his own, even in the deep end.  Not to say that I'm going to let him swim unsupervised anytime soon, but he's really come far.


I sometimes struggle with Father's Day ideas for Mike & this year was no exception, especially since we were out of town the week before.  The picture above caught my eye so I decided to go with it since Mike is in need of more pictures for his office anyway.  Last week, I whipped together some poster board & did a quick photo shoot with the kiddos.


It started out rough when I told Cam that he was going to hold the "Best" sign since I envisioned him in the first picture since he's the first born.  Well, that didn't go over too well since he apparently decided he had his heart set on holding the "Daddy" sign.  Luckily he quickly moved past that hitch & we snapped a cute picture.


Next came Reese who has decided as of a week and a half ago that this picture above is the new normal/natural way to smile...


See what I mean?


But after several takes, her cute/natural smile came back out & we wrapped up this portion of the shoot.  On to the last picture...



Several odd smiles came out in our first few shots.



The photo shoot paired with evening crankiness meant that a big temper tantrum was brewing as you will see in the following pictures.


Notice as Reese angrily kicks at the "Ever" sign in hopes of destroying it.


She was ticked off that we laughed at her outburst, but when you see a three year old start to scream like a banshee, it can be kind of funny.  Once I start laughing (and I had to pee so bad..), I cannot stop!


Oh my..


This shot turned out cute, but I ultimately ended up using one of the tantrum shots where her mouth is super wide, to the effect that she's screaming, "Ever!"  It's pretty darn funny & more real anyway.


On another note, I feel like Reese looks just like Reese Witherspoon (her namesake) in this picture above.  The prominence of her chin & the blond hair is uncanny!


Don't you think they look a lot alike or is it just me?!


Either way, both are beautiful ladies named Reese!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. that is crazy!!!! i agree!!! so much alike!
    and i wanted to see the finished product!
    love the tantrum shots, the kicking one is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete