Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Birthday & the beach

35 years & 3 days ago I was born into this world!


And 12 years & 3 days ago, I married my best friend!


Getting married on your birthday is something I definitely do not advise!


But this year I have absolutely NOTHING to complain about since this is how I spent my 35th birthday...



I spent the entire day & night with 12 amazing friends.  Who could ask for more?  We lounged at the beach all day long, got ready for dinner & then spent the evening eating & dancing on the white sands of St. Pete Beach.


We did all of this absolutely distraction free since the kids were all home!


My sister was so incredibly sweet to come up Friday evening, hang out with us & watch the kids as we were beach bound early Saturday morning.  Not only did she watch our kids, but also Matt & Kelly's as well as Lauren's dog Romie who happens to share my birthday!  So, my sister spent nearly 30 hours with two 2 year olds, 2 five year olds, 3 dogs & 2 cats!  Wow do I owe her!  I had such an amazing day & feel so lucky to have such awesome people in my life!!  And to top it off, it was a holiday weekend so we had an extra day to relax at the pool & grill with friends.  What a weekend!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Fun times! Nice hospital photo of your mom and you. That's sweet. Happy birthday again! And why do you advise not to get married on your birthday? Just curious!?!
    My sister had her son on her birthday, and I thought it was a terrible idea! Now it feels like her birthday doesn't exist. I wonder if it feels like your anniversary doesn't exist...
    On a side note, how in the heck do you have 12 friends? Honestly. You and Mike are like a beacon for friends...come to the light, large groups of friends...you are safe here....I cant imagine one couple that we would go on an overnight with, let alone 5!!! You have always been the popular bunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have many reasons why you should not get married on my birthday... you get jipped on a celebration! Everyone else does something for their birthday & then does something else come anniversary time, but not this gal! Yes, absolutely feels like my anniversary doesn't exist.

      Surprisingly, we're very close with all of these people.. we've gotten VERY lucky & spend many weekends with these peeps. We all have kids the same ages so it works wonderfully!

      Delete