Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Recent happenings

I am in a blogging rut!  I suppose it's because I've been having so much fun with my family that I can't be bothered to grab my camera or hop online.  Over the holiday weekend we had five days straight with each other & it was glorious!!  Mike never takes days off work so it was an absolute treat to be together as a family!  We kept very busy & had so much fun that I nearly cried when it came time to go back to work yesterday.  But as Dr. Seuss says, "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."  I even wear a necklace with that saying stamped on it to remind myself.

 

Tay & Reese were able to have a play date which was a lot of fun!  When the girls are a bit older, I can totally imagine me & Lauren taking them for a shopping, pedicure & lunch date!  I'm so excited to have a daughter who I can someday do girly things with.. I hope that we'll be great friends!


Having some downtime to relax & snuggle was the best... if only we could have 4-5 day weekends all the time.  Amidst the relaxation we also worked our butts off & began the transition from dining room to play room.  Since we are definitely not formal people, we have little use for a dining room & a lot of use for a play room so I'm really excited to be finally working on it.  I'll post before & after picture soon.  I still need to do a few things, like painting the chalk board wall, but it's coming along!


 Cam is such an animal lover & has always been amazing with our pets, even as a small toddler.  We never had to correct him & tell him to be gentle.  I can't say quite as much for our wicked little girl!  ;o)


My buddy begrudgingly took a ride to the hardware store with me & after discovering their kitten, I had to drag him out of there.  He said, "Mommy, I want him, can't we buy him?!"  I said, "Um, Cam, we already live in a zoo with the two cats & two dogs at home!"  He named him Scooby & said goodbye... I think the kitten was just as sad to leave Cam as Cam was to leave him!


I made a simple fruit pizza to celebrate the fourth.

Fruit pizza:

Store bought cookie dough
8oz cream cheese, softened 
1 cup powdered sugar
Fruit of your choice

Shape cookie dough on an ungreased pan & bake as directed.  Meanwhile, blend softened cream cheese & powdered sugar in a food processor until smooth & spreadable.  After cookie has cooled, top with cream cheese mixture & fruit of choice.  Or make smaller cookies & allow children to decorate & top their own.


And Cam did a cheers to America!


And we did a cheers to both kids napping at the same time Saturday afternoon!  That never happens since Cam barely ever naps anymore, but I guess going to Clearwater Beach in the morning really pooped him out!  Guess we'll just have to take more family beach trips!  I am so thankful for the family time we spent together last week!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment