Sunday, April 14, 2013

17 months

Reese, today you're seventeen months old!


You have not been much of a happy camper these days since your teeth are causing you so much discomfort, but you still crack me up everyday!


You're an absolute goofball & your dad & I often talk about what you're going to be like when you're older.  You are quite the character & a very funny girl.  I look so forward to getting to know you more & more.


So, what are you up to these days other than being fussy from teething?  You're wearing 18-24 month clothes, size five shoes & size four diapers.  You have a wicked diaper rash right now which literally happened over night as I pulled you out of bed with a load in your pants.  You have sensitive skin, just like your mama did as a baby.


You love pointing to body parts, especially noses, eyes & mouth.  You know SO MANY words, talk up a storm & are pretty much a little parrot.  Sometimes I'm blown away by the words you spout out.


You're a walking fool & very steady on your feet.  You are extremely "spirited" or "passionate" which I sometimes refer to as evil or wicked!!!  ;o)  When you get mad, boy are you angry!  Daddy likes to say, "Hmmm, I wonder where she gets that from?" as he shoots me a knowing look.  You're getting bit a lot at school & the teachers say you're basically the only one whose bitten & I think it's because you can be a tad rough at times.  I'm being very nice when I say a tad rough.  We continue to work on explaining that hitting is "not nice" (another thing you love saying as you wave your finger..)


You are still an AMAZING sleeper, go down at 7 without a fuss (thank GOODNESS for that because your brother did not) & sleep till 7am or later if it's a dark, gloomy morning.  Most days you take only one nap per day for a couple of hours, but with your teething, you've been taking two naps on the weekends.  You love to eat fruit, not so much veggies & with your second molars coming in, you don't have much of an appetite.  You drink two bottles of 2% milk a day, but we'll probably take you off bottles soon & I don't really think you'll care too much.  Even though you are a feisty little stinker, I would not change a thing about you!  I love that you have such a strong, passionate personality!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment