Sunday, March 18, 2012

Stressed

Although the pictures in this post make it appear that all is well, there's actually been a lot of stress in my life lately.



Work has been really hectic & can be a very negative place to be sometimes. Last week I felt very defeated, like the life had been just sucked right out of me. I try to ignore the negativity & not let it get to me, but sometimes it just does. On top of that, Reese has been fighting a really bad cold. Sleeping has been very limited since she's coughing constantly, spitting out her paci & then waking herself up. Thursday night I slept in the bed in her room next to her bassinet & probably put the paci back into her mouth no less than thirty times. Between Thursday & Friday night, I'd gotten about 7 hours of sleep total. Luckily Mike took over last night because I was beat.



And on top of that, Mike's pretty much unable to walk today. He's been suffering from a reoccurring, mysterious foot injury that has been coming & going for the past 4 or so years. It shows up out of the blue, just like it did three weeks ago, lingers for a bit & then goes away. He's had an x ray & an MRI but no definitive diagnosis has really been given which is very frustrating. He'll be seeing a podiatrist tomorrow so hopefully we'll be on the road to figuring something out. Today has been his worse day & he's in agony each time he tries to walk. He got from the couch to the dinner table by crawling across the floor this evening. Needless to say, everything has fallen onto my shoulders.



If my little Reesey wasn't sick, it wouldn't be so bad, but it's been a non-stop day & I'm not ready to head back to work tomorrow. We were able to venture out yesterday to an Irish fest which ended up being a lot of fun. Reese was able to relax & sleep in her stroller while we sat under the tent & enjoyed the live music & beautiful weather. Cam & Leah had a blast running around, jumping in the bounce house & eating some shaved ice as the adults enjoyed some green beer.




Reese was able to wear the shirt that her big brother wore on his first St. Patrick's Day! You'll see the picture of Cam wearing it below when he was 2 months older than Reese is now. Speaking of sharing, Reese was able to try out her jumper that Cam absolutely adored as a baby. Check out their blog to see some pictures from yesterday.


Baby Cameron, March 2009

I completely realize that things could be so much worse in my life & there are people dealing with a heck of a lot more heartache than me, but I just needed to vent. I'm so blessed to have two amazing kids that fill my life with so much joy & make each day so interesting! But, normally I have the weekend to recoup before work starts & I really didn't get that today. I'm praying that Reese gets over this cold soon because it's not fun watching her suffer & I'd take it away from her in a second if I could. Here's to hoping that this week brings better health to Reese & Mike!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment