Tuesday, May 11, 2010

2nd (kind of) Mother's Day

This was my second Mother's Day with Cam out of the belly & my third if you count the year when I was four months pregnant. After all the nausea, vomiting & fatigue, I wanted to be considered a mom on Mother's Day of 2008 too!

This past Saturday morning we packed up the whole family (dogs included) & headed down to my parent's condo on the beach. Our afternoon was very relaxing since we were extremely wiped out from staying up way too late on Friday night. Later that evening my brother, sister-in-law & nieces joined us for the festivities where we ordered pizza & enjoyed spending time together since we don't often get to hang out.



Mike let me sleep in until 9am Sunday morning & as soon as I got up, I was handed a piping hot cup of coffee. It was so nice to be spoiled! The joke of the morning was to shout, You're ruining Mother's Day! whenever someone did or said something wrong. It was ironic when I said it to Cam since he was the reason I was being celebrated that day in the first place!

We enjoyed an absolutely delish egg scramble Mike made with bacon and onion. Seriously, it's freaking amazing! (Although how could it not be? It's eggs, bacon & onion!)



We were also celebrating my awesome Goddaughter, Madelyn's 7th & Golden Birthday!! We all chipped in & got her a white gold necklace & charm with an "M" & the number 7 (for her 7th birthday on May 7th).



Next we sipped mimosas & opened Mother's Day presents. I seriously apologize for how hideous I look in this picture but I was emotional/teary-eyed after reading my Mother's Day cards & I was still in my pajamas & wearing no make-up. But, getting past my ugliness, I GOT A KINDLE FOR MOTHER'S DAY!!! Mike has known how much I've wanted one since I love reading so much & I was thrilled & shocked when I unwrapped my present!



The cousins got to spend time together & play which is so fun to see now that Cam is more on their level.



Demps was eagerly awaiting a potato chip, just praying Cam would drop one.



The rest of the afternoon was spent lounging & catching up at the pool & beach. It was an absolutely beautiful day!









My poor mom must have drawn the short straw since she was the one elected to apply sunscreen to the hairy man's back!



We ended Mother's Day by enjoying birthday cake for all the April/May birthdays in our family.

I had such an amazing day & it was so wonderful to celebrate with my whole family. Though being a mom can be challenging in so many ways, I thank God every night for blessing my life with Cam.

And thank you, Melanie, for letting me steal, I mean, borrow your pictures! What kind of a dim whit forgets their camera on Mother's Day weekend?!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO problem Allison! I'm glad I took so many! I'm still trying to get around to posting on our page... At least I got them on FB! And just shush about how you looked in the picture opening the Kindle! I captured the moment and you always look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like an awesome Mother's Day!! I'm so glad you finally got your Kindle!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete