Monday, October 26, 2009

Pumpkins, Pumpkins & More Pumpkins!

We have discovered that Florida is not the best place to buy pumpkins as we went to the pumpkin patch this past Sunday. As we perused through the patch, it was quite clear that we wouldn't be leaving with a large pumpkin since each & every one was rotting in some way or another.

Since we didn't want to leave empty-handed, we bought a bunch of small pumpkins & gourdes which I used as centerpieces in our house.

I used a hurricane glass & filled it with mini pumpkins & put it on our bookcase.



This is a trifle dish that I filled with small pumpkins & gourdes. One of the gourdes looks like a monkey's butt & the other looks like a warlock's (male witch) ding-a-ling! Both items are very appealing & attractive as a center piece for our kitchen table, no?



And here is an array of rotting pumpkins, baking under the warm Florida sun! Happy Fall!



I thought this was the ugliest yet coolest pumpkin I've ever seen.

4 comments:

  1. Cute idea with the mini pumpkins! I think I'll try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the mini pumpkins too! I have baskets up the wazoo that I could fill with gourds and mini pumpkins! Unfortunately, the pumpkins in Florida aren't very impressive. Honestly, we visit a pumpkin patch every October but rarely ever buy anything big enough to carve. I must confess we buy our carvers at Sam's or Walmart for $5 or less. Hunsader's had some nice larger pumpkins but they were pricey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy schnikes! those are sick!! why can't you get better ones there? the monkey's butt and ding a ling comments made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Florida just isn't an ideal climate for pumpkins to grow & thrive! I'm sure we will get our carving pumpkins at Walmart, Mel. We're doing a pumpkin carving party on Friday night!

    ReplyDelete