I love to see where Cameron spends his days, meet the kids he calls his friends & get to know his teacher better. Granted, it's less than a month away till the end of the school year, but I hold teachers very near to my heart.
Friday evening we headed down to Sarasota to spend to the weekend with my family & also celebrate my niece Madelyn's 12th birthday (on the 7th) as well as my mom's (the 15th). My birthday is coming up too (the 24th) so they threw my name in there too when singing over ice cream sundaes & presents for Maddy.
After the weekend, I also recognized that I have many quirks (which many people do) & started to think about all the things that make me
|Nothing like a cash present in a wine box from Auntie Lauren|
This got me thinking about the other things I'm hung up about...
1) My sheer terror of bugs. We're not talking a swat, a gasp or even a shriek. We're talking pure, freak-out, lose your sh!t type of behavior. I completely lose control. Remember the time I flipped our canoe because a horsefly attacked me?
2) I loathe slow, stupid drivers. How can these people have so much free time that they're driving ten miles per hour under the speed limit at 5:30am?!?!?!?! Don't they have some place to be???!!! Although this bugs the crap out of me anytime of day, not just before sunrise.
3) I both love & hate technology. Mostly it's a loving relationship. I'm a Pinterest addict & love keeping all of my recipes & ideas in one handy space. I couldn't live without my GPS, my Cozi family calendar, the Kindle Paperwhite that puts me to sleep every single night, texting or email. But, the old fashioned part of me believes that a lot of things were probably easier for my parents as they raised me thirty years ago. There was so much less distraction, pressure & comparison. For some, the smart phone has become superglued to the eyeballs (not mentioning any names...
|The sea monster! Can you see the attitude in that look?|
5) I cannot handle disorganization or clutter. I will never ever be okay with a messy, cluttered house. I've been told many times to just relax & worry about the mess later, but this will never happen & I've come to accept this. I will never kick back when my house is in disarray.
|These best buds don't stand still long enough for a non-blurry picture|
7) I love sleep but also see it as a waste of time. Ideally I would never sleep less than eight hours per night & I function very poorly on little sleep. With this being said, I also hate naps & sleeping late. I consider both a massive waste of the day & I can't do it since I always feel like I'm missing out on something.
So, these are the few of many, many things that bug me. I could write a book about my pet peeves, but I won't subject anyone to that! Anyway, I hope all of you mothers, caregivers, pet owners, teachers & nurturers had a wonderful Mother's Day!