Thursday, July 3, 2014

Ya just gotta laugh

It's really amazing how much things change once you have kids.  In this case, I'm referring to a day at the beach.  I met some girlfriends at the beach yesterday with the kids in tow.  In pre-kids day, an outing to the beach meant a chair, a towel, book, sunscreen & some drinks.  Now it means, towels, snacks, sunscreen, swimmies, beach toys, diapers, change of clothes...  Mike had to work, so I set out yesterday morning in hopes of a fun, relaxing afternoon.  Um, not so much.


This was the only picture I managed to snap in the three hours we were there.  In the three hours we were there, I probably spent an hour in the beach bathroom.  Reese is doing amazing with potty training when it comes to going pee, not so much on the poop part.  So, I slapped her in a swim diaper yesterday since we had a nearly hour drive & I wasn't going to risk her pooping in her bathing suit.  So, when she yelled out, I have to poop!  I rushed her to the bathroom where I found she already started to poop in her diaper & then finished in the toilet.  After getting her cleaned up, we headed back to the beach with her in her swimsuit bottoms sans diaper.  Big mistake.  About fifteen minutes later, she started making that distinct, I'm pooping face.  Ugh, seriously?  So I rushed a screaming, kicking two year old to the beach bathroom with a huge log in her bottoms.  Bottoms now gone to a bag, swim diaper back on.  Take two.  We head back to the beach where I try to focus & chat with my girlfriends for a few.  That did not last for long.  I went to the water to swim with Reese when I decided to check her swim diaper & was horrified when I saw that she had pooped in her diaper yet again which had now turned into poop soup from the water.  Now what??  We headed back to the bathroom where there was a line of women waiting.  This is so gross, but as I watched Reese walk, she had poop water literally dripping out of her diaper & down her legs.  OMG.  It was so unsanitary, but there was nothing I could do about it so I ripped her diaper off & tried to begin cleaning the disaster with wipes.  Finally the bathroom cleared so I stood her in the sink & literally bathed her with the hand soap while Cam stood by, continuously complaining, My feet are dirty!  Uh yeah, kid, you're at the beach where there's sand.  I'm wiping poop off your sister in a public bathroom sink, so put a sock in it! (I thought this part, didn't actually say it!)  We called it a day after this & I gave up on that relaxing beach day I had in mind & vowed to not take the kids to the beach without Mike for the next four years. 


We were all exhausted by the time we got home.  I now know that a day at the beach with kids is definitely not a day at the beach!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment