Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day 2014

We had some jam packed days last week since Grammy & Auntie Erika took a trip down from Chicago for a quick visit.


The kids stayed home with them & had a blast all week.  You can hop over to their blog to see a few more pictures.


We headed to Orlando to catch up with our friends from Illinois.


We were positively connected at the hip with Matt & Amanda before moving down to Florida ten years ago, so we miss them dearly.  I've known Amanda since we were about 6 or 7 years old, so we go way back.  And I'm not one to brag, but I did some match making in high school & they've now been married for 14 years & have three boys.  Not to shabby on my part!


We headed to Sarasota after work Friday to not only celebrate Father's Day weekend, but also Mikayla's 7th birthday!  Based on the pictures above, it's safe to say that she was pretty darn excited about her presents.


Reese was pretty excited to be wearing her Elsa crown.


Cam apparently was too.


Our kids, like most, adore Frozen!



The kids & Mike spent a LOT of time in the pool.  Reese is finally able to swim confidently in her water wings.


 

I watched from the sidelines with the girls since I just got a tattoo on Thursday & couldn't get it soaked in the pool.


Over three years ago, I got Cameron's name put on my shoulder when I was unknowingly pregnant with Reese.  When I saw the positive sign on the pregnancy test a few days later, I thought to myself, well, I guess I'll be adding another name to my shoulder!  Only took me two & a half years to finally do it!


Goofballs.







We ended the weekend with some grilling & presents.




It was a great week spent with Mike's family & a great weekend spent with mine.  Too bad we all can't live close enough to be together all the time!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment