Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Happiness Project - January

I'm still working on the Happiness Project & plan to the rest of the year!  I can't fully say that it's working all too well these days since I've been a little cranky, but I'm trying!  So, like I said in my first post, January is about boosting energy & vitality.  My goals for this month are to get to bed early & work out three days a week.  I did terrible with this task until this week when I finally got back to the gym after a nearly one month hiatus.  Now that we're back from Chicago & settling back into our routine, I've gone two days so far this week & also plan to go on Friday.  It is so hard to get out of bed early, especially on my Wednesday off, but I feel so much better mentally & physically when I'm done.  I do notice that I have more energy during the day when I'm working out too.  Win win!


The other aspect of January is tackling a nagging task.  My two biggest nagging tasks are working on continuing education hours to maintain my credentials & getting a skin check with a dermatologist.  I have not done a thing with continuing education in nearly two years & since my licensure is up for renewal in May, I need to get 30 hours tackled by then.  It wouldn't be too hard, but ten of those hours need to be from live education which is more difficult.  It's hard enough for me to be away from my family in the 32+ hours I work per week so getting to an outside conference is not top priority.  But, like it or not, it's what I have to do!  The topic of my continuing education is one that immediately causes anxiety.  Facing my fears & tackling this task will definitely solve that problem.  It's amazing how freeing it is to get things done!  The other anxiety inducing topic is the dermatologist.  I've never had a skin check & it's gotten down to fear & laziness that's prevented me from going.  What if they find something?  What if I have cancer?  How ridiculous!  Especially since I work in the healthcare field & know that facing your fears & being proactive with your health is so important.  With that being said, I have an appointment made for February 12th!  Yay, me!

Speaking of happiness, I always try to reflect on the big & little things in life that make me happy.  Especially when I get into a rut & feel sorry for myself.


This petite little thing with the big personality makes me so happy!  This picture perfectly shows my saucy little girl flaunting her attitude!  She is so opinionated & outspoken & as frustrating as it can be at times, I positively love it.  I hope she grows up to be a strong-willed, confident woman.  She has such a soft, sweet side too which is the perfect balance of salty & sweet.


My sweet pea is saying so many words lately!  Her current favorites are hi, bye-bye, Mickey, milk & doggie.  She's getting more & more hair & it's starting to flip & curl in the back which is so sweet & kissable I could scream!  LOVE THAT GIRL.


Speaking of love, this boy is awesome!  My buddy loves hanging out with me & lately he's gotten into wanting to watch The Chew with me.  The Chew is one of the little things that makes me happy.  I've recently started taping it everyday & watch it while I clean up the kitchen in the evening after Reese goes to bed.  Cam sits with me & asks me lots & lots of "why" questions as we watch.  His favorite is Mario Batali since he love the name Mario!   Music is another thing that makes me happy.  When I sit at my desk & chart my nutrition assessments at the end of the day, I can't imagine doing it without Pandora.  My favorite, favorite group is Maroon 5 & I have a mega crush on Adam Levine.  Ugh, that guy is ridiculous!  Don't worry, Mike, you're still my #1 guy, but a girl can look & admire, right?!  I love their new song Daylight... listening to it makes me happy.  And watching Adam Levine sing it makes me even happier.





On the subject of being ridiculously cute, Reese was just that this morning!  She was rocking out her brown sweat suit & knockoff Ugg boots.  So sweet!  It's a little chilly this morning which is NOTHING compared to what much of the country is feeling.  When I say chilly in Florida, that means about 50 degrees.  Yesterday it was about 63 degrees as I picked Cam up from daycare when I was scolded by his teacher for sending him in a long-sleeved shirt without a jacket.  What a joke!  Floridians are big time wimps when it comes to the cold.

Anyway, that's what's been going on over here!  Hope you're all having a great week!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I downloaded this book as my first book for my Nook...I liked what I read in the intro but haven't gotten any further yet (I just got it last week).

    Maybe you've seen these but thought I'd share. These CEUs aren't in person (thank goodness my state doesn't require that...in fact they don't even ask for documentation of CEUs...they just want my money!) but they're pretty good and free. http://www.wenourish.com/register/

    ReplyDelete