Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy Birthday, Gram!

I have been so blessed to have grown up with such amazing grandparents! This past weekend we celebrated my Grandma Schuth's 92nd birthday & it was so great to spend the day with her as well as a lot of extended family I don't often get to see.

Growing up, my parents worked very long hours, yet we never had to be put into day care since they were always able to rely on both my mom's mom & dad & my dad's mom. Unfortunately, I was never able to meet my Grandpa Schuth who passed away before I was born, but I was blessed to be born on his birthday. Now that I'm a parent, I truly realize how incredibly lucky my mom & dad were to have such a strong support system while raising us.

My Grandma Schuth has always held a large piece of my heart & I have so many wonderful memories that include her. I remember during summer break, I would look so forward to the days when my dad would drop us off at her house & we would spend the day swimming. She always doted on us & made sure we were happy. But my favorite memories come from a time when I worked at my mom & dad's store when I was younger. My grandma would help out whenever she was in town from Florida & we would have an absolute blast "working", laughing, taking walks to the local stores & just being goofy. My parents rented a large building for their photo/framing shop & my grandma would push me around in a grocery cart that they "borrowed" from a local store. We still laugh about that to this day.

I have to say that my heart fills with love whenever I think of my grandma. I feel so blessed that Cameron has been able to meet her & get to know her. It seems like only yesterday she was making me cheese sandwiches & now she's meeting my son. Time is truly going by too quickly. But I thank God for blessing me with such an amazing person in my life.



Here's my pretty, little Grammy at her 92nd birthday party on Sunday.





I adore this picture & the way my grandma & Cameron are looking at each other & smiling.



And my heart just about melted when Cameron gave my grandma the biggest, sweetest smooch!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Cam kissing his great grandma, how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your G'ma is so cute, and really doesn't look a day over 70! She looks great for 92!!! That pic of her and Cam is PRICELESS. You should frame it for sure!

    ReplyDelete