Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Girl's trip to Lido Key


Well, hello there!  With work being busy, the kids playing baseball & Mike traveling a lot, blogging has certainly fallen to the wayside.  Mike & I always say that we're thankful that I blog since it's such a neat way of capturing memories.  So, I may be a little slow about it, but I'm trying my best to keep up!

 

At the end of August/beginning of September, Kelly, Lauren & I took a long-weekend trip to Lido Key Beach, near Sarasota.  We were all needing to recharge & get away, so it came a the perfect time.


We had an amazingly beautiful two-bedroom suite with a gorgeous, ocean view.  The catch?  Red tide was in FULL swing.  I'm guessing you don't know what red tide is, right?  Well, I had little experience with it too, but it's basically algae blooming which gives the water a nasty, reddish/brown color & gives off "fumes" which make you cough terribly.   


The second we got out of our car at the hotel, we started hacking our heads off.  It's really strange, walking around, watching everyone around you cough continuously; felt like we were all getting the plague.  Our beach bartender said it's the worst he's experienced in the 14 years he's worked in Florida.


Despite the red tide & the noise we had going on from the hotel construction, we had an awesome time & basically just laughed our faces off the entire weekend.


It was so wonderful to put our to-do lists aside & just be carefree & silly.



The only agenda we had was to hang at the pool, go shopping, eat & drink; not necessarily in that order.  Pretty simple!  We met so many amazing people on our weekend too! Our hotel shuttle driver that would take us to St. Armand's Circle for shopping was the most precious man; I miss Tucker!


Here we are, posing like the mannequins behind us.





 I'm so lucky to have such amazing girlfriends & the opportunity to have taken such an unforgettable trip!!


post signature

1 comment: