Friday, February 13, 2015

Recent happenings

We've had a heck of a lot going on these days & I haven't found a free moment to update, so it's been a while!

 

Grammy's been in town for the past couple of weeks & Papa came down to spend last weekend with us.  We had the best time with the most incredible weather.



Our weekend started out Friday morning since we kept Cam out of school so we could head to Lego Land.  The day began on an exciting note since Cam lost his first top tooth!  He looks so cute with the missing spot, but I was still a bit sad to see it go since it's just another indicator that he's growing up too quickly!

 



Cameron was dead set on winning a minion from one of those carnival type games & I got it on the first try by knocking down three stacked cans.  Then he was dead set on winning the unicorn for Reese & apparently I lost my touch because I dropped way too much money & still didn't win the damn thing.  I was sick over the money I dropped, walking away prize-less, as Cam carried on about "really, really, really wanting to get Reesey the unicorn." 



Low & behold, Papa used his business skills & after dropping $10 & not winning it, he talked the girl into letting us just have it.  Yay!




Saturday afternoon we went canoeing at Lettuce Lake Park.   It was quite hilarious watching Grammy & Papa struggle & bicker while flailing around the river.  Although I shouldn't laugh too hard at them because I woke up with the sorest back Sunday morning.





We ended the day with dinner out on the beach at Whiskey Joe's.. nothing like waterside dining in February!

 

We wrapped up the weekend at this amazing Thai Temple in Tampa that opens to the public on Sunday for stands upon stands of amazing Thai food.  If you're in Tampa, you must check it out.. it only took us 10 years of living in the area to discover it, thanks to Mike's coworker.  Click here to check it out.



They also have a garden area where you can pick up some herbs as well as an endless selection of orchids.  Needless to say, I couldn't pass up such a beauty, so I'm now the proud owner of my first orchid.


This weekend we have unexpected guests in town, so it'll be another fun one!  We came home Wednesday evening to find Mike's brother & his best friend lounging on our couch.. I could not believe it.  They wanted to surprise it & they definitely accomplished that!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment