Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Sick in an instant

My poor little gal pal has been suffering from a cough since Thanksgiving & it seriously won't go away!  Despite that, she's been feeling well, energetic & her appetite is just fine, so we haven't taken her to the doctor. 


A couple of Wednesdays ago, on my day off, we had taken Cam to the bus stop & headed to the park where we happily played & ran around.  As I was pushing Reese on the swing, her squeals of laughter stopped & she turned back & said, "I want to go home."  With the tone of her voice, I knew something was up.  From the moment I got her into the car, it all went quickly downhill.  


This happy face went from smiling to hysterically crying, agitated & restless.  At first I tried to tell myself that she was just tired.  That lasted about two seconds until my instincts told me to call the doctor & get her in ASAP.


We had to wait two hours until she could be seen so I gave her Motrin since I suspected it was her ears.  We laid on the couch watching Sophia the First & she thrashed all around my lap, intermittently crying hysterically.  It was awful.  After about twenty minutes, the Motrin finally kicked in & she felt so much better.  We played until it was time to head to the doctor where we left with the diagnosis of a double ear infection.  Poor kid.  It was not the day off I had hoped to spend with my buddy, but I was so thankful it happened on a day I could take care of her & get her the care she needed.  The doctor isn't concerned about the cough since her lungs sound clear, so it's just a virus that's sticking around.  I love that our doctor doesn't over-prescribe antibiotics since I'm all about riding things out whenever possible.  A raging ear infection?  That warrants some antibiotics!


So happy to see this smiling face!  Speaking of this smiling face, I commented on Facebook that Reese tends to look homeless by the time I pick her up from daycare.  She's taken her hair out & resembles a disheveled sheep dog.  But, she's still cute! Reese is seriously something else though.  Lately she demands that I play with her & her princess castles, even when I have a million things to do after working all day.  When we do play, I notice just how bossy & aggressive she can be while playing dolls; she often puts them in timeouts, yells at them & even puts them in "locker doors" which means they're locked into timeout.  Um, should I be concerned?!?!  Not sure where she gets this from or why she's aggressive with them, but she does have quite the imagination & she is incredibly dramatic.  If she's not on Broadway I will seriously be shocked.  Always something going on over here!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment