Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Recent happenings

This has been a good week so far.. we're all basically healthy!!  Wahoo! 


Reese moved up to her new classroom at daycare yesterday.  This is a big deal because she's officially moved over to the big kid side of the building & away from the side she's been in since the ripe old age of three months old.  My little girl is growing up very, very quickly all of a sudden & I'm not always dealing well with it!  Her Beginner classroom teachers are missing her a lot!  I went to say hello today & they had a very depressed look on their face saying it just wasn't the same without Reese.  However, she's doing AWESOME in her new room & I think the word her new teacher used  today was "phenomenal."  Needless to say, I'm very proud of my gal!


Cameron was nice enough to show Reese where to stand for her picture which is never easy with that stinker!


And even though she's growing up way too fast, we can still try to rock her like a baby while she flails and wiggles to get out of our grasp!


We had a very nice, low-key weekend & Cam was able to try out his new Hot Wheels car maker kit from Santa.


He was hoping to make a red car, but unfortunately the machine was pre-loaded with a purple wax stick.  The finished product was pretty cool & we had fun making it!


The weather was awesome on Sunday so we grilled Parmesan almond crusted Tilapia filets & sipped a martini from my new glasses I got from Melanie & Mike for Christmas.  The fish turned out great!  Click here for the recipe.


We ate dinner on the patio & relaxed before the rat race began again Monday morning.


Speaking of race, I wore my new fitbit Zip that Mike got me for Christmas.  I am by no means a New Years resolutions girl, but I do like the fresh start of a new year to reevaluate the way I'm doing things.  This year I want to wear my fitbit & aim for at least 10,000 steps a day & hit the gym two to three times a week.  I haven't been going to the gym as much as I'd like since it's past the kid's daycare, so I officially switched to the gym at my hospital as of today.  It would only make sense to exercise where you work, right?  Well, I hesitated because I do not want to work out with anyone I work with.  I am the most antisocial person when it comes to the gym; don't look at me & do not talk to me!  I want to get in & I want to get out!  So, it's a very small place & never crowded from what I'm told, so I'm happy with the change so far.  My goal is to work out before I start my 7am shift so I can get home with the kids earlier in the evening to make things less hectic.  Not to mention that ever since I've been sick, I've gotten myself to bed so that I'm getting about 9 hours of sleep each night.  I can't seem to get enough sleep; I'm tired after even ten hours straight!  I'm also getting back to drinking my NutriBullet shakes each morning for breakfast.


I've even started jogging recently which is definitely new for me since usually a runner I am not.  I'm alternating between walking & running & just gradually building up the amount I'm running.  All of that has been easy for me lately because of the cooler weather.  It'll really be difficult when it's back to 93 degrees & God-awful humidity in the summer.


Today was surely not hot & the high of the day was in the low 40s which isn't typical for Florida.  Granted, it's NOTHING like the -40 wind chills that Chicago is getting hit with!  But, this weekend will be back up to 80 degrees just in time for Grammy & Uncle Nick's visit.

Anyway, that's what's going on around here, hope you're all having a great week!  Stay warm, Northerners!!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment