Monday, April 11, 2011

Showered with Love!

Last Saturday was Lauren's baby shower & I cannot believe lil Taylor is almost here!! Lauren is an amazing friend & I'm blessed to have her in my life. I cannot think of another person more deserving of a beautiful, healthy baby & a shower to celebrate both mom & baby!





The shower turned out wonderfully & everyone had an amazing time.



I was in charge of the games which I've never managed at a baby shower before. I ended up wracking my brains & came up with three low-key games that wouldn't burden the guests.

We guessed how many jelly beans were in the jar & luckily Mike counted the beans since I wouldn't have had the patience to sit & count over 900 jelly beans!



We also did a smell & guess baby food game which was harder than you'd have imagined! I prepared six jars of random foods & dyed them with food coloring to fool everyone. I thought the easiest guess would have been the bananas but after dying them orange, most everyone guessed an orange fruit like peaches or apricots. It's amazing how a color can trick your brain into smelling something different!

The last game we played was How Big is Mommy's Belly where the guests used a ribbon to guess the size of Lauren's belly. The game winners got a gift bag with a candle, a cute travel coffee mug & a biscotti.





I also made the favors which included chocolates wrapped in a bag monogrammed with a T for Taylor & tied with ribbons that held an It's a Girl charm. I was definitely nervous about this job since I'm not at all a crafty person! Luckily my friends came over to help me put the favors together & they turned out great!





In about a month Taylor will be here & I cannot wait to meet her!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. No one would know you aren't crafty because the games and favors turned out PERFECT! I loved how the games were easy for the guests to play whenever they wanted. That was a very good idea. You did great and I thank you very very much for being a part of our special day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job my love. It was a pleasure counting the jelly beans, especially when I was stealing one for every 5 beans I put in the jar! I considered it my toll charge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looked beautiful for Lauren's shower! The Jelly Belly jar was a great idea, I love those things! 900 of them? WOW! Only 4 more weeks till Baby Taylor arrives!

    ReplyDelete