Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Cookie making fools!

I hadn't planned on baking as much as I have this season, but Cameron has been majorly into it & constantly asking if we could "please bake more tonight!"  Since cookies have such basic ingredients, we usually have most everything we need on hand to whip up different recipes.  Here are some of the cookies we've baked so far..

{source}

I made these chocolate peppermint crinkle cookies last year & they were so tasty that I couldn't resist making them again.

{source}
You cannot go wrong with classic Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies... so, so yummy!  These are dangerous for me to make since I cannot stop eating the dough.  The cookies themselves never tempt me, only the dough & I prefer it before the chocolate chips are added.  It's the devil.


After work Friday, we whipped up a batch of chocolate chip peanut butter oatmeal cookies.  I used a recipe that my co-worker shared, but this recipe below is very similar. 

{source}
You can never go wrong with chocolate & peanut butter.. it's a match made in heaven!  I love the texture the oats give the cookie (or the batter, in this case, since again, my weakness!)


I've never made gingerbread cookies before, but with some push from Cameron, it was a first for me this weekend.  I made Pioneer Woman's recipe & I have to say, I just don't think I'm a fan of gingerbread cookies in general.  It may be the taste of molasses I just don't like.

{source}
If you decide to make this recipe, definitely go on the low end of the cooking time since our thinner cookies got way too dark.   Keep an eye on the color as it gets close to the end of cooking time since 16 minutes was a little much, but it could just be our oven.


Cam & his friend Avery had a blast decorating them, but as you can see, Reese wanted nothing to do with it.  Note: Apparently Cam likes decorating cookies in his Sonic Halloween costume!


We picked up some pre-assembled gingerbread houses at Walmart & the kids decorated them Saturday morning.  Pajama-clad, bedhead Reese didn't have much of an attention span for the project.


But Cameron concentrated enough for the both of them & spent at least an hour perfecting his house.  I foresee that he's going to be quite the family man when he grows up.. he loves doing homey, family projects.  Such a love!


Their houses are displayed on our fridge, adding to the festiveness of the season!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment