Sunday, June 9, 2013

Organized pantry = happy Mommy!

There are so many things I love about our new house, but one of the main reasons is the added space that keeps us so much better organized.  That doesn't mean things don't go to the wayside time & time again, but once I do tackle an area, getting it back in order is a cinch!  Since I'm off every Wednesday, this summer I want to focus on gradually organizing various parts of the house.  I started with our pantry since we spend so much time in the kitchen.  In our old house, our pantry was a nightmare.  Seriously, I think I actually had several nightmares about it.  So, now I'm hypersensitive about keeping the pantry clean & tidy.


As you can see above, things were definitely not at their best!  When we made pancakes last weekend, I decided we had to get our flour & sugar into wide mouth jars so there wouldn't be a snow storm of flour on the counters every time I baked.  We previously had the flour & sugar in their own bags within a Ziplock bag.


And here is the after!  Much better!  The bottom shelf is sauces, vinegars, etc, the next is baking, then canned goods, then snacks & grains & the top is miscellaneous & cereal.





I picked up these three wide-mouth glass jars from Marhsalls for under $20.  I love their chalkboard labels!  I also lined the shelves with contact paper I had on hand.  I'm not sure how well it'll hold up, but it was easy to do so I gave it a shot.  Whoever decided that wire/slotted shelves in a pantry was a good idea, deserves to be slapped upside the head!  I just love it when my narrow cereal containers constantly tip over because of the slats!  But not really.


I also rearranged most of my cabinets & moved things around to make more sense of things.  I used to wrestle with a mountain of pans anytime I wanted to bake cookies, so this system makes much more sense!


Speaking of cookies, my little guy decided he wanted to bake a batch!


He literally knelt in front of the oven & counted down the twelve minutes on the timer; I think he was pretty excited!


Many evenings I make myself a cup of tea so Cam's decided that he also wants a mug so I'm often making him a cup too!  He's distinguished like that!



My little gal wanted me to take a picture of her with my cell this morning... every time she sees my phone, she'll hold it & say, "Cheese!"  She's pretty cute!


And speaking of my gal pal, her vocabulary is growing by leaps & bounds!  She loves her Minnie doll & has been saying "Minnie" for a while now, but the other day she started saying, "Minnie Mouse!"  She also yells, "Oh, Toodles!" whenever she watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse & it's quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever heard!  So that's what's been going on around these parts, hope you're all having a great weekend too!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Nice organization!! Let me know how the contact paper liners work - i'd like to do that in my pantry too if you recommend it. Where'd you get it, BTW?

    ReplyDelete